January 21, 2016 by Joseph Krohn
Satan and Prayer
Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
- “Praying always” – having the spirit and attitude of prayer.
- “With all prayer” – public; family; private; corporate; on the go; silent; out loud
- “Supplication” – focus your praying for specific needs; not vague or general
- “Watching thereunto… with all perseverance” – be on your guard; don’t give up
- The devil does not want you to pray. He wants you to think that you do and even intend to, but just never get around to it – 1 Peter 5:8
- The devil wants you to have a “vague devotional mood” – in which he wants you to conjurer up feelings and emotions, but without really praying at all – Why is this dangerous?
- The devil wants to convince you that your bodily positions make no difference in praying – Is your position important?
- The devil wants you to forget to pray or forget to pray for the requests that you should. The devil does not want you to pray for physical needs or spiritual needs – 1 John 5.14-15
- The devil does not want you to ask things of God – the devil would rather you try to “manufacture charity on your own” instead of asking it from God – Why don’t this work?
- The devil wants to keep you from seeking God’s presence – Psalm 27:8
- The devil wants you to find substitutes for God in your praying (i.e. worshipping idols)
- The devil does not want you to open your heart bare before God. The sadness is that many Christians don’t really want that kind of interaction either – Psalm 139:23-24
Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden. ~ Corrie Ten Boom
God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil. ~ E.M.Bounds
It is possible to move men, through God, by prayer alone. ~ Hudson Taylor