January 20, 2010 by Joseph Krohn
Yesterday the Prime Minister announced his first Cabinet shuffle of the new year. Nine ministers have been moved to different posts and one new minister has joined the ranks of Canada’s federal cabinet.
This “earthquake” of sorts has been called a “shuffling of the same deck of cards” by the Liberal Party.
The “new” Cabinet Ministers are:
- Treasury Board: Stockwell Day
- Public Works: Rona Ambrose
- International Trade: Peter Van Loan
- Public Safety: Vic Toews
- Labour: Lisa Raitt
- Natural Resources: Christian Paradis
- Veterans Affairs: Jean-Pierre Blackburn
- National Revenue: Keith Ashfield
- Minister of State-Seniors: Diane Ablonczy
- Minister of State-Small Business and Tourism: Rob Moore