November 26, 2008 by Joseph Krohn
Well, I’m here in the southern colonies again for American Thanksgiving. It seems that the former Colonials don’t have a lot to be thankful for this year.
- They elected Obama as there president.
- They are still at war throughout the world.
- Their economy continues to stumble.
- They are heavily indebted to China.
- One of their favourite sons, General Motors is on the verge of filing for bankruptcy (Ford isn’t doing much better).
- Hershey as moved to Mexico.
- Unemployment is on the rise.
- Banks are being bailed out by the government (do we need another red scare?)
- The stock markets are unstable.
- A G-20 meeting was held where other countries direct the US in their financial planning in the future.
However it is still important for our southern neighbour to count their blessings:
- Well… they can be thankful for their northern neighbour.
- That’s about as far as I can get..
Anyways… Happy Thanksgiving!